About

This is an information Security blog focused on data protection and commenting on companies that fail to protect confidential data. This blog is not about glorifying hacking or hackers and I refer to them as the villains or The Darkside depending on my mood. This blog is about providing commentary on the government’s and major corporation’s failures to protect data and informing normal everyday people on how best to protect their data. It is also a way for me to vent my frustrations with the information security industry.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

[DLP] Evernote



On Monday Evernote reset their user’s passwords because they were owned. Evernote said that approximately 50 million user names, e-mail addresses and encrypted passwords were compromised (remember the passwords were still encrypted and not clear text). This is such a common occurrence, in fact it is so common anymore that I can’t keep up (but I will try). All I can say is hopefully people are not storing confidential data. Oh who am I kidding I know people are storing it they can’t help it (it is human nature to want everything at your fingertips). This is not going to stop anytime soon. My advice is to encrypt the data before you put it in the cloud if you want it to remain private. Your private data is already out there and vulnerable thanks to the government, banks, and other institutions so you might as well make it easier by just putting out there yourself right?

No comments:

Post a Comment