About

This is an information Security blog focused on data protection and commenting on companies that fail to protect confidential data. This blog is not about glorifying hacking or hackers and I refer to them as the villains or The Darkside depending on my mood. This blog is about providing commentary on the government’s and major corporation’s failures to protect data and informing normal everyday people on how best to protect their data. It is also a way for me to vent my frustrations with the information security industry.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

[Vulnerabilities] Java



I can’t believe people are still surprised every time there is another Java vulnerability or exploit found. This crappy product has been buggy and full of holes since its inception and why it is so widely used is beyond me. Not using Java was one of the only things the late Steve Jobs and I agreed on. The main reason Apple product’s remained relatively unexploited early on was this combined with their low market share. How does one fix this issue and fight the Darkside? Disable Java (billions of devices use Java including Death Stars)…
 
Link: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2013/030113-researchers-warn-of-new-java-267264.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_security_2013-03-04

No comments:

Post a Comment